Preserving Dried Roses

Category Floral
Dried Roses
Once you have dried your roses, you will want to store them in such a way as to preserve them either for future use in crafts or as mementos. This is a guide about preserving dried roses.

I have a girlfriend who saves all her rose bouquets from her husband from gift giving occasions. When the roses dry, she'll gently take the arrangement out to her garage, set it on some newspaper and thoroughly spray the floral arrangement with a good holding hair spray.

She allows it to dry and then takes back into the house. She puts hers up high so nothing will bother the vase and arrangement. I've only seen 1 of her few arrangements and it's almost as beautiful as the day she got the beautiful arrangement a few years ago for their anniversary!

By Terri H.

I have been drying roses for years. I use them in different ways. My problem is the microscopic insects (?) that powder them. I have never been able to use them for more than a year. Even storing them in airtight containers doesn't help. I once pressed some roses and other plants for framed pictures. They went to powder after a few months also. How can I prevent this?

B from Deltona, FL

I save dried roses for long time. I simply spray them every few weeks with a cheap hairspray. They don't powder or get buggy. I have some now that I have had for at lest 5 years

I spray mine with hair spray, they seem to last forever.

I haave been collecting dries roses forever! I have about 10 dozen that are in perfect condition and almost 8 years old. I hang them and then arrange them. After that I spray them with firm hairspray and they still look amazing!