Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Preserving Dried Roses

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Dried Roses

Once you have dried your roses, you will want to store them in such a way as to preserve them either for future use in crafts or as mementos. This is a guide about preserving dried roses.

Solutions: Preserving Dried Roses

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Preserving Roses

I have a girlfriend who saves all her rose bouquets from her husband from gift giving occasions. When the roses dry, she'll gently take the arrangement out to her garage, set it on some newspaper and thoroughly spray the floral arrangement with a good holding hair spray.

She allows it to dry and then takes back into the house. She puts hers up high so nothing will bother the vase and arrangement. I've only seen 1 of her few arrangements and it's almost as beautiful as the day she got the beautiful arrangement a few years ago for their anniversary!

By Terri H.

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Preserving Dried Roses.

Question: How Can I Preserve Dried Roses for a Long Time?

I have been drying roses for years. I use them in different ways. My problem is the microscopic insects (?) that powder them. I have never been able to use them for more than a year. Even storing them in airtight containers doesn't help. I once pressed some roses and other plants for framed pictures. They went to powder after a few months also. How can I prevent this?

B from Deltona, FL

Most Recent Answer

By Roni (Guest Post)07/11/2008

I haave been collecting dries roses forever! I have about 10 dozen that are in perfect condition and almost 8 years old. I hang them and then arrange them. After that I spray them with firm hairspray and they still look amazing!