Preserving Dried Roses

Once you have dried your roses, you will want to store them in such a way as to preserve them either for future use in crafts or as mementos. This is a guide about preserving dried roses.

Dried Roses
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have a girlfriend who saves all her rose bouquets from her husband from gift giving occasions. When the roses dry, she'll gently take the arrangement out to her garage, set it on some newspaper and thoroughly spray the floral arrangement with a good holding hair spray.

She allows it to dry and then takes back into the house. She puts hers up high so nothing will bother the vase and arrangement. I've only seen 1 of her few arrangements and it's almost as beautiful as the day she got the beautiful arrangement a few years ago for their anniversary!

By Terri H.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have been drying roses for years. I use them in different ways. My problem is the microscopic insects (?) that powder them. I have never been able to use them for more than a year. Even storing them in airtight containers doesn't help. I once pressed some roses and other plants for framed pictures. They went to powder after a few months also. How can I prevent this?

B from Deltona, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I haave been collecting dries roses forever! I have about 10 dozen that are in perfect condition and almost 8 years old. I hang them and then arrange them. After that I spray them with firm hairspray and they still look amazing!

Read More Answers...
Crafts FloralMay 16, 2013
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 7:10:37 AM on 10.0.1.54 in 301 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.