Preserving Dried Roses

How do you preserve dried roses?

You can iron them between two sheets of waxed paper.

Spray them with hairspray. Keeps their shape and colour. Also hang them upside down.

I guess it depends on what you wanted to preserve them for (like long range goals).

I used to use a rubber coated tie pack and wrap them around the long stems and hang them from a coat hanger in my cellar (which is cool and dry). After a few months, they would dry out and I used to use them in dried flower arrangements.

When I used to do potpourri in the 80s, I would de-petal them all, lay them on paper towels (layer of petals, then a layer of towels, etc.) and let them sit under a heavy book for a few months until they were flat and dry. Then I would toss them in with the cinnamon sticks or whatever other dried item I was mixing up that month.

I know there are other methods and I am sure YouTube is full of videos of how to do all of them. These are just my go to methods.

Blessings!

If your roses are already dried out you may not be able to do a lot with them but if they are still fresh then there are several ways to preserve them.
You already have several good suggestions but I have used Silica gel and my daughter has used glycerin and these work okay but roses may fade after a few months no matter how you preserve them.

You can check out all of these methods at your local crafts stores - Michael's or Jo Ann's have lots of information and supplies.

Placing flowers in a large "throw away" book is the easiest method and works as well as most other methods. Just place flowers in between pages and place some heavy items on top. Keep checking and you can change pages if there is still moisture.

Here are a couple of sites that have interesting ideas.

dengarden.com/.../how-can-i-preserve-a-rose

www.hunker.com/.../add-to-cart-love-for-your-laundry...

Glycerin: Glycerin is inexpensive and usually pretty easy to find. Check out the soap making section of your local crafts store, or the skin- or hair-care sections of your pharmacy.