Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners

Which is a better carpet cleaner Bissell or Hoover?

By Emily from La Puente, CA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

No matter what brand of carpet cleaner you purchase, to me they are all the same. My personal opinion is that it's a waste of money to purchase a carpet cleaner and then you have to buy special shampoo.

Why not hire a professional to clean your carpets for you?

I love my Bissell steam cleaner. I disagree with the previous poster. The cleaning solution is expensive, but it lasts a long time, and I can clean my carpets whenever they need it, or just clean one room or the hallway. I had a Hoover cleaner years ago, and it fell apart after one year. My Bissell is still going strong after 3 years, and it cleans very well.

I have had a bissell carpet cleaner for over five years and it still does well, and I like the fact that its a pro heat that is a plus for the water to stay hot. I however just purchased a Hoover multi surface cleaner, I just cleaned the stairs did good job like the moving brush. but I miss the hot water! It is however a little lighter than my bissell.

Answer

I wondering which company has the best carpet shampooer; Bissell or Hoover?

Connie from West Kingston, RI

Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners

Have you checked Consumer Reports?

http://www.consumerreports.org (03/05/2008)

By luvmygingerkids

Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners

I think it's a matter of personal preference. I have owned and used both. I prefer the Hoover. (03/06/2008)

By cla7186

Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners

I have had a 69.99 dollar Bissell for ten years, am just now thinking I should buy a new one. I really think it's more what solution you clean with. I had a Hoover before my Bissell with the five rotating brushes, it was big, bulky, and awkward. I didn't care for it, so I gave it to a friend and bought the Bissell. I use a drop or two of mild dish soap water and a good amount of vinegar. No matter which machine I used, I still have to go back and forth on stubborn stains, etc. (03/07/2008)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 3, 2011
Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Hoover Carpet Cleaner
Repairing a Hoover Carpet Cleaner
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 12, 2016 at 8:07:25 PM on 10.0.2.192 in 688 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.