Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners

Which is a better carpet cleaner Bissell or Hoover?

By Emily from La Puente, CA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Lisa E.03/22/2013

I have had a bissell carpet cleaner for over five years and it still does well, and I like the fact that its a pro heat that is a plus for the water to stay hot. I however just purchased a Hoover multi surface cleaner, I just cleaned the stairs did good job like the moving brush. but I miss the hot water! It is however a little lighter than my bissell.

By Susan04/04/2011

I love my Bissell steam cleaner. I disagree with the previous poster. The cleaning solution is expensive, but it lasts a long time, and I can clean my carpets whenever they need it, or just clean one room or the hallway. I had a Hoover cleaner years ago, and it fell apart after one year. My Bissell is still going strong after 3 years, and it cleans very well.

By Marjorie C. Woodworth [82]04/03/2011

No matter what brand of carpet cleaner you purchase, to me they are all the same. My personal opinion is that it's a waste of money to purchase a carpet cleaner and then you have to buy special shampoo.

Why not hire a professional to clean your carpets for you?

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners

I wondering which company has the best carpet shampooer; Bissell or Hoover?

Connie from West Kingston, RI

RE: Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners

Have you checked Consumer Reports?

http://www.consumerreports.org (03/05/2008)

By luvmygingerkids

RE: Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners

I think it's a matter of personal preference. I have owned and used both. I prefer the Hoover. (03/06/2008)

By cla7186

RE: Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners

I have had a 69.99 dollar Bissell for ten years, am just now thinking I should buy a new one. I really think it's more what solution you clean with. I had a Hoover before my Bissell with the five rotating brushes, it was big, bulky, and awkward. I didn't care for it, so I gave it to a friend and bought the Bissell. I use a drop or two of mild dish soap water and a good amount of vinegar. No matter which machine I used, I still have to go back and forth on stubborn stains, etc. (03/07/2008)