Repairing a Hoover Carpet Cleaner?

When I turn on my Hoover Max Extract 60 shampooer, it starts dumping water out of the bottom of the vacuum, it dumps the whole clean water in about a minute. Can anyone help?

Answers

My tank is leaking from the bottom

21 More Questions

How do I reattach the cleaning access latch?

Answers

Best Answer

It sounds like your latch could be broken and therefore it is hard for you to attach it back on the cleaner. I would suggest that you order a new part to make it easier to put it back together. Here is a site that sells the latches that you'll need to repair your cleaner. www.repairclinic.com/.../Hoover-Carpet-Cleaner-Latch-Parts

Best Answer

It sounds like your latch may be broken but difficult to know unless you know that it 'broke off'.

You might want to be sure that you can install a new latch.
Contact your local Sears Service Center and explain what happened to them and they can tell you if you need a new latch. They also have parts and their parts usually include instructions on installation.

www.service-center-locator.com/.../sears-service-center.htm

You can also ask questions or order parts on several sites:

www.repairclinic.com/.../a20b203

You may need a manual but model number will be necessary:

www.hoover.com/.../

www.hoover.com/.../

Answer this Question

I have a Hoover Spin Scrub 50. Water is leaking from the water/solution tank. How do I replace the grommet on the outside where the water tank sits and get the stick, the spring, and the grommet back inside the water tank?

Answers

Best Answer

This is pretty handy to do. First make sure that your cleaner is unplugged, and there is no solution in the container and it dry
Check this link to watch the video and also look photos using pause
as it helps to try it
How to Assemble & Use Your Hoover SteamVac SpinScrub Carpet Washer
The link is here to check
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPbCcesD8RE

Best Answer

It could be a problem with the water base assembly or the filter in the machine. If the filter is not pushed all the way up this can cause the water to leak. Check the pump assembly and make sure the hose is not cracked or leaking. If it is you should order a new one.

Answer this Question

My Hoover Pro Max 60 Model number FH50220 shampooer is leaking water. I fill it with clean water and detergent and it's empty in less than a minute.

It's leaving water marks on my carpet because so much water leaks out.

Answers

Best Answer

This sounds like you have a gasket problem with the tank and the machine. You may need to change out the gasket because they do get old and no longer seal correctly when the tank is put on the machine.

Answer this Question

I've had my machine for a year or better. I went to use it one day and the roller wouldn't roll and made this loud noise. It wasn't cleaning my carpet. We took it apart to check the belt and the belt is OK. So what could be the problem? I paid too much to just let it go.

Help me please.

My Hoover carpet shampooer is not spraying water but dripping it. Does anyone know how to fix the water/cleaner sprayer?

Answers

When I first got this carpet cleaner it worked fine. The second time I used it, it stopped spraying water! Called Hoover. Brought it to a dealer for repair. However, Hoover sent me a new unit. I moved and did not use my unit until several months. The same problem occured with the replacement unit!!!! I gave up and have not had success in getting the defective unit replaced!!!

Answer this Question

My Hoover steam vac, F7452-900, All Terrain Spinbrush, is leaking from the solution/water tank. I need to know how to fix it.

Answers

Best Answer

Normally when these machines leak from the tank you have a bad ba valve seal. The part can be replaced and it is not such a hard job to do. Here is a step by step guide to teach you how to replace your valve seal yourself. www.hunker.com/.../how-to-glue-plastic-to-tile

Answer this Question

I have a Hoover f7412900 carpet cleaner and one day the brushes stopped working.

Answers

It sounds like the belt that turns the brushes may have snapped. You may need to replace it.

It sounds like the belt that moves the brushes may have snapped. You may need to replace it.

On one vacuum that I used to own, the belt would slide off. All one needed to do was open the bottom of it, and slide the belt back on. Perhaps this is all that is wrong with yours. If the belt is broken, you will find that out. If it is more than a slipped or broken belt, you likely should take it to a place that repairs this sort of machine.

I got a FH50130 hoover you have to pull the brushs out lower your handle and turn it on. If the shaft the brushs fits into is not turning the bearings are froze up. you have to open the gear box and spray some penetrating oil on them until the gears start turning after that put some grease on the gears and bearing.

Anonymous

I ordered and received a belt for my hover model number FH50950. My problem is replacing it. How or can you recommend someone in the Pontiac Michigan area

If you turn the cleaner upside down there are little arrows pointing towards the screws you need to remove. They are Star or Philips head screws. Remove ALL of the screws with arrows.
Lift off the cover. You will see the damaged belt in there. Lift off the 2 brush rollers. Put the belt over the 2 brush rollers and replace them where they were. Next, you need to stretch the belt and pull it over the the metal shaft. Pull the belt a little so that the roller turn a bit so you're sure that the belt is on correctly and then replace the cover and all of the screws you removed.
Your cleaner should be ready to go.

Answer this Question

I have a fairly new Hoover rug cleaning machine with two containers. One is for the solution and the other is where the dirty water flows back into. The directions are quite easy and state that both containers click into place. That said, I cleaned my rug in the living room and when I went to get rid of the dirty water, that's when I noticed there wasn't any.

I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't help but wonder if my rug not only has the solution in it, but now the dirty water also? I would appreciate any help or suggestions you may have. Thank you in advance.

By GrandMa Chris

Answers

I have had this problem often with mine and every time I didn't have it clicked into place. Are you sure you have it on properly? It's really easy to NOT get it clicked into place. Mine is also a Hoover. If that doesn't solve you problem I'd call the manufacturer.

Assure that the lid to the recovery tank is on properly. If the lid is not seated properly, the tank is unable to form the vacuum needed to suction up the dirty water.

My Hoover CleanJet is leaking water as soon as I fill it. Does anyone have advice on fixing it please?

My Hoover Spinscrub steamVac cleaner just started leaking water from the bottom. Even when my lever was not off (not squirting water) the water was still leaking from the device. When I was drying the carpet with the vacuum, it was still squirting water (which made drying it useless).

Can you please let me know what I can do to fix this?

I have a Hoover Power Scrub SpinScrub 50. Clean water will not release from the tank because a very small plastic poker that releases the water broke off The poker is not part of the water tank, but is on the plastic stand just below it surrounded by a rubber ring a little larger than a quarter.

Please let me know how to replace it or the nearest repair shop in area code 32218.

Thanks.

My puppy chewed up the cord on my Hoover carpet shampooer. Can you help me with how to get a replacement?

Answer this Question

My shampooer is not spraying shampoo on to the carpet. I pull the trigger on the handle and nothing happens. How would you fix a problem like this?

By Harold

My Hoover dual power pet max shampooer handle will not stay upright or lock into place. It's like a piece is missing?

I don't want to have to spend hours on the phone if it's not something I can fix. Has anyone had this problem?

How do you repair it if it is leaking water after you sit clean water tank back on machine? How do you get to top hoses?

Load More
Home and Garden Repair OtherJune 16, 2013
😷
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-a-Hoover-Carpet-Cleaner.html