Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

My New Sheets Stained My Mattress

I got new red sheet and went to take them off the bed to wash them and they had stained my bed! How can I get the stain off my bed? It is a white pillow top bed?

Jessica

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By NP (Guest Post)04/11/2008

Who cares about the color of the mattress? If It was pink would you not have purchased it?

By Jim in Jax (Guest Post)02/02/2007

Unfortunately, once a mattress is stained, the manufacturers warranty is voided... This is an industry wide practice.

By Kim McGrantham [16]01/09/2007

I wouldnt worry too much about it. Sheets will always cover the mattress anyways:) just remember to wash sheets first before you use them :)

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: My New Sheets Stained My Mattress

I bought a dark red maroon fitted sheet for my queen size mattress and it turned my mattress pink. I just bought this mattress! Can someone please help me? How do you get Fabric color stains out of a mattress?

Ruby from Texas

RE: My New Sheets Stained My Mattress

Did you wash the sheet first? And it still bled? OUCH! Unfortunately, I don't know of anything that would get the red out, and be mild enough that you could sleep on and breathe in all night, every night. This is why I use mattress covers. If you can't get it out just chalk it up to a life lesson--we all learn them the hard way. And remember that you're luckier than most, no one will see the tinted mattress. (09/11/2006)

By susanmajp

RE: My New Sheets Stained My Mattress

I have experienced the same thing. And I learned a valuable lesson. Always use a mattress cover/pad! Until I get a new bed, I have a very nice mattress that is nice and creamy on one side and pink stained from a burgundy sheet on the other. (09/11/2006)

By Eden in Ohio

RE: My New Sheets Stained My Mattress

Rit Dye puts out a color remover. I would try that. If you have a carpet cleaner with an upholstery tool, I would think that putting the color remover in the tank and then using the upholstery cleaning tool on the mattress would be the easiest way. (09/11/2006)

By Sally

RE: My New Sheets Stained My Mattress

I don't have a solution to remove the color from your mattress but I cover my mattress with a matress cover then I cover that with a vinyl cover that slips over the mattress. Both are available from Wal Mart. (09/12/2006)

By Dean

RE: My New Sheets Stained My Mattress

To prevent this in the future wash your sheets before you use them. (01/07/2007)

By The wise wizard