My New Sheets Stained My Mattress - Categories:

FurnitureCleaning

My New Sheets Stained My Mattress

I got new red sheet and went to take them off the bed to wash them and they had stained my bed! How can I get the stain off my bed? It is a white pillow top bed?

Jessica

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I wouldnt worry too much about it. Sheets will always cover the mattress anyways:) just remember to wash sheets first before you use them :)

Unfortunately, once a mattress is stained, the manufacturers warranty is voided... This is an industry wide practice.

Who cares about the color of the mattress? If It was pink would you not have purchased it?

She is wanting help and the best thing you guys can do is bash her for her mistakes. Move on, or don't post if you don't have an answer.

Girl, I found on pintrest a mixture of 8oz peroxide, 3 tablespoons baking soda, and 1 drop of detergent helps clean stain. The rit dye is your next move.

January 7, 2007 Flag

I bought a dark red maroon fitted sheet for my queen size mattress and it turned my mattress pink. I just bought this mattress! Can someone please help me? How do you get Fabric color stains out of a mattress?

Ruby from Texas

Answers:

My New Sheets Stained My Mattress

Did you wash the sheet first? And it still bled? OUCH! Unfortunately, I don't know of anything that would get the red out, and be mild enough that you could sleep on and breathe in all night, every night. This is why I use mattress covers. If you can't get it out just chalk it up to a life lesson--we all learn them the hard way. And remember that you're luckier than most, no one will see the tinted mattress. (09/11/2006)

By susanmajp

My New Sheets Stained My Mattress

I have experienced the same thing. And I learned a valuable lesson. Always use a mattress cover/pad! Until I get a new bed, I have a very nice mattress that is nice and creamy on one side and pink stained from a burgundy sheet on the other. (09/11/2006)

By Eden in Ohio

My New Sheets Stained My Mattress

Rit Dye puts out a color remover. I would try that. If you have a carpet cleaner with an upholstery tool, I would think that putting the color remover in the tank and then using the upholstery cleaning tool on the mattress would be the easiest way. (09/11/2006)

By Sally

My New Sheets Stained My Mattress

I don't have a solution to remove the color from your mattress but I cover my mattress with a matress cover then I cover that with a vinyl cover that slips over the mattress. Both are available from Wal Mart. (09/12/2006)

By Dean

My New Sheets Stained My Mattress

To prevent this in the future wash your sheets before you use them. (01/07/2007)

By The wise wizard

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJanuary 7, 2007
Keeping Sheets on the Bed
Keeping Sheets on the Bed
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Mattress Cover
Repairing A Plastic Mattress Cover
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 3:02:22 AM on 10.0.0.176 in 481 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.