Fall Themed 30th Anniversary Party

I want to do a surprise 30th anniversary party for my sister and brother-in-law. Any ideas? I am doing a buffet, fall colors, orange and yellow table cloths. Centerpieces are little fish bowls with a votive candle, amber marbles with a ribbon and flowers around the top.

I have lots of clear Christmas lights to put around the ceilings and beams of the cabin. We are having the party at a log cabin. I would like to have some elegant things dangling from the lights. Has anyone ever waxed leafs and made garland? Also need something inexpensive to decorate two fireplace mantles.

My budget is getting tight as I am doing this all myself. For party favors I thought about just tying candy corns in little tulle things but would like other suggestions. I only have 3 weeks to pull this off. I really didn't have a theme but thought about "Falling for you all over again". Any ideas how to throw what I have into this theme? Cake ides would be helpful too!

Patty from Geneva, Indiana

Best Answer

For favors you could paint little pumpkins with the party info on it the same way wedding favors come pre-printed, then tie the candy corn onto the stem.

A lot of dollar stores sell strands of fake fall leaves which on their own look cheap but if you intertwine them with the lights they will look great, especially in a low light setting. I got mine at Dollar Tree.

Try using popcorn kernels in the candle holder to set the candles in, or better yet if you could get multi-colored corn it would look fabulous.

The mantles would look great with whole branches laid out with small votive candles set at appropriate locations. I know this sounds dangerous but I have done it many times with no problems. I like the look of bringing nature indoors for a party and people always love it!

Best Answer

You could hang real fall colored leaves at different lengths from the ceiling/ and /or put the leaves between a large runner of wax paper, put some leaves scattered about on top of the wax paper, shred fall colored crayons all over the wax paper. Put another piece of wax paper the same size over the top then heat with an iron until the crayons melt.

You can either tack this on top of a table cloth as a runner for your food table or cut and hang from ceiling.

Another idea is lay out fabric pens and have the guests write something they remember or just want to say about the couple on the table cloth, or get 2 t-shirts or something they might have framed later to display. We did that for our mom as a family reunion/70th birthday and we had a shirt signed and framed and it was done beautiful to hang above her fireplace.

Good luck, I'm sure anything you decide to do will be a hit because it was all done with love!

You can always use nature things, how about some branches from trees with colored leaves for the mantles? You can also make garland out of mixed outdoor greens, such as cedar or pine and mix in the fall leaves. Just use paddle wire, that you can get it at any craft store.

If you have time you could make little marzipan fruits, apples, pumpkins, etc. They are expensive to buy, but not if you make them yourself. You just need marzipan, and food coloring. Shape the marzipan into the shape of the fruits, paint with food coloring, red/green for apples, orange for pumpkins and so on. You can get detailed instructions on the internet of how to do it, if you're not sure. They are really pretty to look at, and delicious to eat!

Bouquet of Lily of the Valley with a card reading "Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary"
30th Anniversary Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties AnniversaryOctober 2, 2008
60th Anniversary Party Ideas
60th Anniversary Party Ideas
30th Anniversary Gift
30th Anniversary Gift Ideas
50th Wedding Anniversary Party
50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
30th Birthday Party
30th Birthday Party Ideas