Furniture Polish For Cleaning Silk Plants

I discovered something a few months ago while doing the weekly cleaning. I love silk plants, but hate the dust they collect. As I was polishing the furniture, I decided to spray the silk plants and trees I have with furniture polish. I did not wipe them clean, but rather let the polish dry and my plants were dust free! They dried in about 10 minutes to look like brand-new! You may want to place newspaper under your plants to protect your flooring. It could be a slip hazard if some of the polish got onto wood flooring.

By Marnita from Cumming, GA

Thanks! My daughter is getting married in 1 week. I plan to use some trees & plants that are @ the church & they are in need of cleaning. I will use this tip & save time. I was planning to take the water hose to them!!

Not all, but MANY silk plants are water resistant and able to be dipped into hot bath water/mild detergent, then rinsed the same way and stood up to drip dry in the tub. I've done this for years with great success IF there are no dried pods/leaves/paper tape-wrapped branches/stems.

If it's a larger plant, it's usually all vinyl stemmed/trunked. If smaller plant, it usually can be quickly swished in med hot water and rinsed the same way. Otherwise, my opinion is that the furniture polish will attract more dust to stick to the silk petals/leaves and be a bigger job to clean later on. Oil attracts dust and is only for solid surfaces, not cloth. I'd recommend that you try dipping instead of oiling. God be with you. : )

I always wash my silk flowers. If they are in a secure arrangement I put soapy water in the sink and turn them upside down and swish around then rinse and blot with a towel and then if able to sit outside to dry. They look like brand new and I have a feeling the furniture polish will build up on them as someone else said. If they are nicotine stained from someone smoking this even cleans up with the soapy water.

Silk flowers.
Cleaning Silk Flowers, Swags and Wreaths
Home and Garden Cleaning DustingMay 3, 2007
Golden silk fabric
Cleaning Silk
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🎉
🎄