This simple solution worked the first time I used it and has worked ever since. Using extracts can be costly. My tiny bottle lasted for over three years, and yes, it froze during the winter months.
I haven't tried rubbing fresh mint leaves to the ports, etc., but I am sure this would also work.
Source: I cannot recall exactly where online I found this solution. Perhaps hummingbird(s).net
By Leeanne C. from Clio, MI
Read feedback for this post below. Click here to post feedback.
This does sound like a quick and inexpensive solution for my bee problem. I have tried lots of other things and they don't really work. I will remember to give this a try next spring. I do have some mint extract and also fresh mint growing. If this worked for you, hopefully it will also work for me. Thanx for the tip.
Add your voice to the conversation.