Buying Replacement Furniture Springs

I need to find new spring for an old sofa. Where can I buy it in England and how much would it cost?
Best wishes.
Lora

By Larisa from Brighton, UK

Answers

It would be best if you contacted a couple of your local furniture upholsterers for the correct answers to those questions because it's going to depend on the type of sofa and the type of springs it has.

Answer

Where can I purchase springs to replace broken ones when reupholstering furniture?

By njgould from Cedar Rapids, IA

Answers:

Buying Replacement Furniture Springs

I would ask the upholstery shop if they have suggestions. Even if you buy fabric at a discount store, a specialty store might help you. I know that sometimes they aren't needed. My mother recovered my father's Packard seats by retying, as she did with a very aged sofa. Most of the time, they aren't ruined, just pulled apart. Heavy grade twine between each coil and then sort of webbing will often salvage the old ones. (07/13/2009)

By damaged05170

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasJanuary 25, 2011
Reusing Trampoline Springs
Reusing Trampoline Springs
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Bed Spring
Crafts Using Bed Springs
Old Bed Springs
Uses for Old Bed Springs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 10:58:45 AM on 10.0.1.44 in 683 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.