My Puppy Played With A Newly Vaccinated Puppy

Hi, I have a new puppy and when I got him, he got kennel cough. I adopted and this is normal, I have been told. I took him to the vet and he is on antibiotics and will be done with a 14 day prescription tomorrow. He is not coughing anymore but he is sneezing a lot and it is a green mucous. On that note, he was around my father's puppy that just got his distemper shot and what I know of that it is a shot that they give the puppies. Mine hasn't gotten it yet because he was sick, but the shot is actually the virus. Now since my puppy was playing with a puppy that was just given this shot, can my puppy get the virus?

Thanks

Brent from Chicago, IL

I don't know for sure if your puppy could have gotten the virus from contact with a recently vaccinated puppy, but I had a cat once with distemper and the symptoms sound about the same. You should take the puppy to the vet anyway because if the mucous is green there is definitely some type of infection. It wasn't easy pulling my cat through distemper, but she made it! We had to hand feed her baby food with an eyedropper, and I don't remember what else the vet told us to do for her. Don't wait though - take your puppy to the vet right away.

The virus in the vaccine is 'attenuated' virus, so the answer is NO. Please remember that you can call the vet and ask the staff for free! Sometimes the answer is "get him in here fast" but usually it's the advice you need. Enjoy your baby!

If your puppy has green nasal discharge, you need to have that puppy examined by the vet YESTERDAY! Sometimes puppies can get secondary infections after dealing with stress and illness and your pup very well may have a upper respiritory infection. Please have it looked at ASAP.

Pets HealthJuly 3, 2007
man attaching plant to a stake
Staking Garden Plants
Mother and Child Playing Hide and Seek
Outdoor Games
A bride with gifts.
Gift Ideas for Newlyweds
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎄