MTD 18 HP Motor Won't Turn Over

I have a 18hp MTD mower that won't turn over. I've replace the starter switch, starter solenoid, and safety switch, as well as replaced the 7.5 amp fuse. Any ideas?

Chuck G. from CA

I usually try spraying a little carb cleaner in as I turn the key. You can try the fuel filter and make sure your gas is still good after sitting all winter.

I was having the same problem. It turns out that a piece of cord was wrapped so tightly around the blade shaft that it was frozen there. Cutting wet grass has jammed my blade also.

Have you checked your spark plug for carbon, that would be my next check, then the fuel filter to see if it's clogged.

Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersApril 6, 2008
Motor Oil on Concrete
Cleaning Motor Oil Stains From Concrete
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet