Cookie Cottages From Tin Cans

When using the coffee plastic cans or even the metal ones, I make cookie cottages out of them, and give them as gifts, with home made goodies inside. I crochet the cottage with windows and a door, even steps and some green for grass. I punch some holes in the lid with a big needle and crochet house tops on them. I use several different styles of roof tops. I then stuff the roof and stitch it onto the plastic lid with the holes.

I have several different types of houses I use and I change the styles all the time, changing the colors, windows, and doors. They are a big hit and look great in anyone's kitchen. They come off easy and can be washed and the lids can be hand washed and dried. I crochet a large rubber band around the top of the cottage so it stays on, nice and tight.

Source: I got the pattern for one cookie cottage years ago from somewhere. Since then, I have used my imagination to create my own patterns.

By Peggy8650 from Tunkhannock, PA

Could you submit a photo so we can all see one of your finished projects?

Yes, a photo would be nice so we can see what you are talking about. Thanks

Reusing Aluminum (Tin) Cans
Reusing Tin Cans
Crafts CrochetApril 27, 2011
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Tin Can Man Being Constructed
Crafts Using Aluminum (Tin) Cans
Tin Can Frog
Tin Can Animal Crafts
🎉
🎄