Keeping Oxygen Tubes On At Night

My Dad is on oxygen 24/7 and has a canula in his nose, and the tubes go around his ears to hold it on. Does anyone know of any tips to keep the thing on at night other than taping it to his head? We can't do this, of course, but any other suggestions will be appreciated!

Diane from Midwest

Editor's Note: Diane's father passed away before this could be published in a newsletter. This may be helpful to someone in the future so we will publish it. Please everyone keep Diane and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Take the tubing that goes around his ears and leave the whole thing behind his head, main tube that usually hangs under his neck will now rest at the base of his neck. Tighten the little piece of plastic which usually tightens under his chin and tighten at the base of his skull. Just make sure he is alert enough that when he's sleeping that he rotates with the tubing. If not alert run tubing in the back of his night shirt, to prevent getting it aroung his neck while sleeping.

If you dont want to put it behind his head you can use one of the straps that athletes use to keep thier glasses on. You may have to make ajustments in case tubing is to thin, rap tape around tubing. You could make a similar device with velcro or elastic. Measure from back of ear to back of ear, with elastic make sure its snug so it wont slip,like a half head band. Secure around tubing you have marked for proper fit and placement, fix one just for night use only so you can change the tubing in am an not have to fasten and unfasten your stap from the tubing. Good Luck.

Thank you for your suggestion--my Dad passed away on Saturday. But maybe this can help someone else. Thanks again.

Editor's Note: So sorry to hear this. Our sincere condolences are with you. Take care.

Thank you for your condolences--my family appreciates it. We are blessed in so many ways!!

I want to convey my deepest condolences to you on the loss of your dad and he will always be with you in your thoughts and in your heart. God Bless you!

I lost my dear Dad 6 months ago today. So sorry--sounds like your Dad is better off now like my Dad is--my Dad had Parkinson's disease for half his life--starting at age 38.

I'm so sorry for your loss but thought I might give a tip incase anyone read this needing an idea. I had a baby on oxygen and the hospital gave us little round band aid type adhesives that stuck to her cheeks and then had a second layer to stick the tubes to. You can get them at the hospital if you ask or at a medical supply store. They are cheep and very helpful.

Sorry for your loss

Night Safety Pedestrian Crossing
Night Safety Tips
Health & Beauty AdviceJuly 18, 2007
M&M's
Uses for M&M's Plastic Tubes
Power Outage Safety Plan for People on Oxygen
Oxygen Tubing
Uses for Oxygen Tubing
Wrapping Paper Tubes
Uses for Cardboard Wrapping Paper Tubes
🎄