Crowd Winning Salsa

This salsa is a great dip to take to any party. It is always a huge hit.

• 8 to 10 roma tomatoes, peeled
  • 1 - 4 oz. can of tomato sauce
  • 1 - 4 oz. can of diced green chilies
  • 2 to 3 heaping tsp. fresh minced garlic
  • Ad
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 5 to 6 sliced jalapenos, if desired
  • 3 green onions
  • cilantro, to taste

Directions:

Boil a small pan of water. Place the tomato in the water for no longer than 30 seconds. Remove the tomato. You will now be able to easily peel the tomato. Repeat with all the tomatoes.

Chop your tomatoes using a chopper or food processor. Place them in a metal or glass bowl. Add the tomato sauce, green chilies, minced garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Cut up the jalapenos and add them to the salsa. Slice the green onions and chop into small pieces. Add the onions to the salsa. Last, but definitely not least, the cilantro makes the salsa. I generally add about 40 leaves of cilantro, if not more.

Cover and refrigerate for about an hour and then serve with your favorite Mexican dish or just to eat with the chips as a snack.

Servings: 8-12
Time:1 Hours Preparation Time
0 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Every recipe I use starts out coming from a cookbook. However, during the process I always change it to make it my recipe. So I guess this is a combined effort.

By nmbr1bandmom

Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments SalsaSeptember 8, 2009
Bowl of salsa surrounded by tomatoes.
Mild Salsa Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Fruit Salsa Recipes
Fruit Salsa Recipes
A jar of homemade salsa.
Freezing Salsa
🎉
🎄