Plastic Canvas Tissue Box Covers

Want a simple craft to do for the novice crafter? Try plastic canvas. The canvas is inexpensive and you can get really nice yarn cheap or free from freecycle sometimes.

I got a book of tissue box covers, it was easy to follow the patterns and they were really cute to give away as gifts. You can get as easy or complicated as you want with plastic canvas and it gets really addicting to try new things. The hardest thing I made was a rocking horse tissue cover that had 27 pieces, but it came out so pretty and the expectant mother loved it. Also great to make tags for gifts.

By Christi from Paducah, KY

Sounds great. I haven't done a tremendous amount of plastic canvas work but did make some boutique style tissue box covers. I know for sure I made myself one and also one for my mother. I bet I still have mine somewhere and should hunt it up. It's pretty easy to do and you can take with you to do in the car or while you're waiting at Dr's offices, etc.

I wouldn't mind finding a pattern for something teacher related....perhaps an apple? Would be nice to make one for my children's teachers for their desks. They always keep kleenex at their desks.

I guess I need to check out the plastic canvas patterns to see what's out there. Can you post pictures of your creations by any chance?

have u tryed the tissue houses they r easy to make and u will see big smiles i do them for Christmas and Birthdays i also make catch all boxes for the men so they can put there junk in they have all kinds of patterns for Plastic Canvas try them all u will love them its a lot of fun u can also do a cross stich pattern on the box

Christi, I'm glad you gave me the idea of plastic canvas. I did some browzing on ebay and discovered some nice teacher related plastic canvas patterns. I think I'm gonna bid on one so I can make my children's teachers a tissue cover or something else cute and useful for their desks!

I LOVED MAKING THESE YEARS AGO AND ALSO MADE BOXES WITH LIDS.ANOTHER THING I MADE WAS COASTERS

Search for easier how make to the Tissue Box of plastic canvas for my client. Look for print sample of how make to the tissue box, with easier explanation, show a picture etc? email at northvt89 AT yahoo.com

Thank you