DIY Garlic Keeper

I would like to make my own garlic keeper. Does anyone have suggestions?

By jayasree

Here is one: http://curbly.com/chrisjob/posts/17 ... arlic-fresh-with-a-diy-garlic-keeper

I don't know if you would have to drill a hole in as suggested if you got a clay pot that was unglazed. I thought clay was kind of 'breathable' as it was? Or you could store it upside down so the lid is at the bottom and the hole on the bottom of the pot is at the top.

I have an old store bought one almost like the one in the picture. It is basically just a porous clay vessel with a couple of small holes on the side and a lid. Keeping garlic in a cool dark place away from moisture with some air circulation is what keeps it fresher longer. I have still had it go bad in the garlic keeper but it takes a lot longer.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4557367_keep-fresh-garlic-long-time.html

Kaelle, if you put a small amount of uncooked rice in the keeper I think that you will find it doesn't go mouldy.

Garlic Keeper
Making a Garlic Keeper
Food and Recipes StorageApril 25, 2010
Garlic Salt
Homemade Garlic Salt Recipes
Making Garlic Powder
Making Garlic Powder
Making an Egg Carton Ice Cream Cone
Making an Egg Carton Ice Cream Cone
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
🎉
🎄