Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Soap Dispenser on LG Front Loader Stuck Closed

I have an LG Tromm front-load washing machine that's about 5 years old. The soap dispenser drawer is stuck and I can't get it open. I've tried everything, it acts like it's locked somehow. Does anyone know how to get it to open, or as an alternative, is it okay for me to just pour the liquid soap on the clothes inside the washer before washing?

By Linda

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Melissa12/08/2009

Mine was stuck as well. You need to remove the top cover by unscrewing the top in the back, then slide it backwards and lift it off. You can then get to the dispenser to release the door. My fabric softener compartment was the culprit. It had warped just enough to get caught.

By Anonymous [848]11/11/2009

I don't know about troubleshooting dispensers for front loaders but I don't see why you couldn't just place laundry soap directly on the clothes. I do that in a top loader instead of using the dispenser. The only word of caution would be is to evenly dispense it and especially if it's powdered laundry soap.