Soap Dispenser on LG Front Loader Stuck Closed

By Linda 10 9

I have an LG Tromm front-load washing machine that's about 5 years old. The soap dispenser drawer is stuck and I can't get it open. I've tried everything, it acts like it's locked somehow. Does anyone know how to get it to open, or as an alternative, is it okay for me to just pour the liquid soap on the clothes inside the washer before washing?

By Linda

Showing: Answers Sort

thr522587 Flag

I don't know about troubleshooting dispensers for front loaders but I don't see why you couldn't just place laundry soap directly on the clothes. I do that in a top loader instead of using the dispenser. The only word of caution would be is to evenly dispense it and especially if it's powdered laundry soap.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Melissa 1 Flag

Mine was stuck as well. You need to remove the top cover by unscrewing the top in the back, then slide it backwards and lift it off. You can then get to the dispenser to release the door. My fabric softener compartment was the culprit. It had warped just enough to get caught.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersNovember 7, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 5:07:13 PM on 10.0.2.36 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings