Cleaning With Borax

I discovered this by accident since I am trying to go chemical free and organic. My young boys love blueberries, and one got them all over a white shirt. I decided to put the shirt in a big bowl of water with about 1/8 cup of borax and left it in the sink overnight. The next morning you could not tell it ever had blueberries on it! I have done this with another type stain (something red), and it worked on it too.

By Kim from Midlothian, TX

That is good to know. I have a 10 month old grandson who is starting to spend the night with me sometimes so his mom & dad can have an evening to themselves. I have forgotten how stained a baby's shirt and bib can get. Will try the borax as I have a box.

I noticed in an older post that the Borax box has a skull and crossbones on the box. The poster recommended using something biodegradable and organic. Borax is a naturally occuring element that is mined from the earth like coal. It is both organic and biodegradable and I have never seen a skull and crossbones on a box of borax in 20 years of use. It is not intended for ingestion, but contact with borax is not a problem.