Attracting Chipmunks into Yard - Categories:

AdviceGardening

Attracting Chipmunks into Yard

OK, I know most people want to repel them, but I want to know how to attract chipmunks into my yard. I have a huge yard with woods on 3 sides and lots of trees in the yard. I have tons of squirrels, some deer, foxes, moles, and even the occasional bobcat. But I've never seen chipmunks even though I know they are native to this area. How can I attract them?

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Try this

http://www.birdsandblooms.com/Backy ... s/Bird-Feeders/No-Wobble-Tray-Feeder

Or just google "Chimpmuk feeder". At most hardware stores you can find feed corn still on the cob. Google "corn cob feeder" and you'll see another design that you can make yourself!

Here's a link that'll tell you a lot of the foods a chipmunk eats and about their habitat.

I suggest making a dry mixture from the list of foods given and feed to the chipmunk. Squirrels will probably join in.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/what-do-chipmunks-eat.html

Usually, the squirrels chase the smaller chipmunks away. So if you have dominant squirrels, you may not be able to attract the chipmunks.

We have 2 stone retaining wall around our driveway and the chipmunks love to run in and out of the holes. Maybe there is not a hiding place from the natural predators ( fox and bobcat) in your yard.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceAugust 18, 2009
A chipmunk sitting on a brand.
Keeping Chipmunks Out of a Garden
bee on a flower
Attracting Bees to Your Garden
Monarch butterfly on orange flower.
Attracting Butterflies
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 12:39:56 PM on 10.0.1.157 in 768 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.