Set Max Bid For Online Auctions

When trying to get something via an online auction, it is best to set your max bid in your mind and stick to it. On eBay you can do a search, then save that search to alert you if any items get placed for bid that meet your criteria.

For example, I really like the Buck knife 360. It is now fairly rare. When it was new, it sold for a little under $60. EBay notifies me when these knives are placed for auction. I view the auction and determine if it meets the criteria that I am looking for, and I make my bid. If I think I might be able to "snipe" the item, then I add it to my favorites as a "watched" item and EBay notifies me when the bidding is about to end. If I don't think I will be able to be online at the end of the bidding then I make my max bid.

I have been able to buy 3 of these knives in the past year. I even found out about a version of the knife I didn't know about and won the bid on one of those too (a baby version of the knife). It's fun to have, but I'm happy with just one of these.

By Suntydt from Tazewell, TN

Computer screen on the online auction website, eBay.
How to Use Online Auctions and Not Get Burned
Computers Internet TipsJuly 11, 2011
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
A woman paying her bills online.
Paying Bills Online
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online