Room Color SchemesDecorating

Kitchen With Red Sink and Floors

We have a beautiful "deep red" sink. The floor is a kinda reddish Pergo flooring. Everything else is white. What colors would go good with this, where, etc.? Any help would be appreciated and thank you all! I Love "thriftyFun" emails!

Trish, Arizona
& please, everyone wear your seat belts.

Red, white, and black makes for a very retro-look. Maybe some second hand stores, or unfinished stores can be of help, too.

I have paintable decorations on my kitchen walls, and when I repaint the walls, I am sure to paint them with a coordinating color. Like a wooden cup hanger which I paint the coordinating color and buy cups which coordinate also with a main color.

what a wonderful accent, a red sink, since i like country, i would use red and white check or black and white checked curtains. black will ground anything, look at magazines and clip pictures of different looks, check out books at the library and get some great ideas! you will soon learn what you like best if you don't already have a favorite decorating style.

good luck. also check out the web. you will find thousands of ideas.

justmyimagination2002 @ yahoo.com (remove spaces)

martha

Red, white and black look very good together. I have everything (dishes, pots, utensils) in this color scheme. Looks great!

Years ago I had a red shag carpet in my living room, which I dearly loved--My couch was Black leather with red, white, & black floral cushions. For accent I had gold drapes and throw pillows. It looked great---so throw in some gold or yellow (curtains , throw rugs, artificial flowers, vases, or anything you can think of) with your red-black white. Pris

I love a light turquoise with red.

Try shades of green and gold/yellow to go with red. Or, you could use a red, white, and blue motif. Once you pick something, you'll be surprised on the amount of "stuff" that you can find in that theme.

where can you find a red kitchen sink.have been looking. thanks

Anonymous

Tim, you can find a red sink at this link:

http://tinyurl.com/dlt78

I would add subtle navy blue accents. I would start by adding white cabinet knobs with a deep blue floral design. Then, I'd add an old spice rack or shelf repainted deep blue. You didn't mention the color of your walls, but sponge stenciling here and there can add just the amount of a third color you want, without being overpowering. A kitchen could always use a wall clock, and they come in many accent colors.

LOOKING FOR A 22X33 COUNTER RIM ONE BOWL RED KITCHEN SINK FOR A COUNTRY KITCHEN LIKE A CANDY APPLE RED PLEASE HELP CAN NOT FIND ONE WWW.ABATEHOOKS @ AOL.COM (remove spaces)

What's black and white and red all over?

ThriftyFun.com. hahahahaha

Any bright primary color, including yellow and blue.

Get a fan deck, that "fan" of paint-color cards. Match it to your red sink. Then look for bright colors in the primaries at the same level (steps from the end) as your sink color.

As a rule of thumb, horizontal is one color, vertical is another color. For example you have two horizontal reds, the sink and the floor. Another horizontal is the counter. Try to blend the counter in with the reds from the sink and floor. All countertops do not have to be the same material. Wood is ok, too.

The other colors can coordinate with the vertical--the white cabinets. Here's where you can use another color, say yellow, blue, ??greenhohoho, orange, from the fan deck.

With that much strong solid color, a coordinting wallpaper in vinyl would be more elegant. If you have no eye for coordinating colors, the artists that do it for wallpapers are super at this. See what colors they choose to use with your reds.

HELP I bought a true red sink in 1997 at Home Depot. I mean a red-RED. Manufacturer was Lyons Ind., we are moving and I want another one but cannot find---HELP!!!!!

Lowe's has a true red red sink I believe it is Kohler but not sure - I saw it today - 2-9-07

A light/dry clay pot color would look great with the red sink and floor.