Turn Lawn Into Garden With Plastic

We made a 30x20 foot garden in our back yard with plastic and cement blocks. You do not have to remove grass. Put down plastic or a thick layer of news papers, and place cement blocks on top around the edge of the space. Then, fill it with compost or manure. You have a garden without weeds or grass for years. Add more compost as needed every year. I get manure from Lowe's in 40 pound bags, I have a garden all the year, I also make flower beds the same way.

By Kathleen from Dothan, AL

Can you post a picture!

Yes I have already posted the picture of my garden but here it is again, very easy & you have a garden for years. Thanks, Kathleen, Dothan, AL

wood framed garden bed
Building Raised Beds
Home and Garden Gardening Raised BedsNovember 20, 2008
Several raised garden beds full of lush plants
Making a Raised Bed Vegetable Garden
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
Clump of sod with dirt in the background.
Getting Rid of Lawn