FurnitureRepair

Plumping Up a Head Rest on Chair

Does anyone know how to plump up the head rest section on an overstuffed reclining chair? I think my cat's been sleeping there and it's looking deflated and caved in. Now if I sit in that section I end up staring at the ceiling! LOL

Farap from Wareham, MA

I take it there is no zipper underneath to adjust the stuffing....My DH leaves these on our cushions (the casing starts sagging forward! I shake them out and punch them occasionally to keep up with the "pulling" (my son likes to use them as slides too!) Maybe at bedtime you can flip it over so it lies upside down? Then gravity can help straighten it out.....I assume the cat sleeps with you at night. Depending on the fill and the size of your hands, you may be able to just pull up the filling while shaking. More of an art then a science!

Our older cat does the same thing but on our leather coach cushions. I lift up the cushion as far as possible and punch the dickens out of it to get it back into shape.

This is really good therapy when I am mad and it keeps the grand children in line...ha!

Can you lay something on top of the head rest that you cat will dislike?

Morning, Personally I beat in all different directions. Great for relieving stress also, lol. The more you remember to do it, the better it will keep it's shape.