Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers

Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Tea cups and saucers either from your own collection, thrift stores, or sales can be used in a number of delightful craft projects. This is a guide about crafts using tea cups and saucers.

This is a quick easy gardening gift you can make up very easily. Get an old cup and saucer, fill it with dirt and plant chickens in it. I glue the cup to the saucer so it will not move, makes a nice gift to someone who is sick, does not take a lot of care to maintain.

By Phyllis from Roseburg, OR

I have a good gift idea. Buy an old collectible teacup and saucer at an antique store or flea market with no chips, etc. Clean. Fill it with assorted packets of teabags individually wrapped. Put in cinnamon sticks. Put a pretty little teaspoon (that you buy at a flea market or tea shop) on the saucer. Then cut a piece of clear gift wrap and bring the edges up. Wrap with a piece of pretty ribbon. You have a lovely gift. I like to keep these supplies on hand.

By Maria from Lower Gwynedd, PA

Pincushions are a necessity for many crafters. Making your own is a craft in itself. One lovely way to design a pincushion is to use a pretty tea cup and saucer. These cushions make a nice addition to your craft area or unusual gifts. This is a guide about making a tea cup pincushion.

Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.

Read More... Was this helpful? 2

Use old coffee cups and saucers. Hot glue the cup to the saucer and it can be used as flower arrangement or soap dish or jewelry holder. Nice way to recycle an old coffee cup. Drill small holes for drainage if use for plants for Mother's Day.

Source: My idea as a retired teacher. I use this for Mother's Day but it could also be used for Christmas.

By Julia from Pembroke, NC

This guide is about making a tea cup bird feeder. An adorable addition to any garden can be this craft reusing a cup and saucer.

Tea Cup Bird Feeder

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about making a teacup candle. Repurpose an old teacup into a cute candle.

closeup of candle

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is the perfect project for one of those lovely thrifty store tea cup and saucer sets that you had to buy with no clear use in mind. This is a guide about tea cup pedestal server.

A pedestal server for a tea cup.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Tea cups and saucers make nice tea light holders. Just put the tea light inside and you have a nice candle. Makes a nice gift too.

I have several old tea cups and saucers and want to make something with them. Any ideas? I know about using them as candle holders or flower holders. I was looking at doing something a bit more dramatic. Glue several together maybe for a center piece to hold flowers? or something different. Any good ideas?

By Jean from Sonoma, CA

Here's something dramatic for you - scroll down this blog and be surprised what someone has done with the cups. There are four or five very unusual ideas which include indoors and outside.

http://feeds.fe  rganizeYourStuff

Here is the direct link to what Angie posted below:

http://justorga  na-tea-cups.html

Very cute ideas there!

There are some more links here:

http://www.teas  .com/crafts.html

You could make elaborate pin cushions, using rice for filling and velvet for the cover. Use as many decorations on it as you would like, very pretty and useful. Use hot glue to hold cup to saucer. Put gold or silver rick rack around the bottom of cup to cover glue.

I made ornaments out of some using pics from Walmart and tied a ribbon on the handle. I gave them as gifts. They were very pretty!

Use some E-6000 glue and put the cup on the saucer to adhere using the proper instructions, with the handle up. Put a small teddy inside, with a dot of glue so it will stay inside, or use a flower, a collectable, or anything that will fit that makes it unique. Glue a ribbon to the handle and hang on the wall.

I saw some demitasse cups at a local thrift store. I can't actually make the wax for a candle, but what can be used in the bottom of the cup to set a pre-made votive candle into? I can't just have a candle in the cup without some type of decoration.

By Linda

How about using plasticine? Use a small ball, pressing the votive into it, down into the bottom of the cup. You could also stick something into the plasticine that extends up out of the cup like a decorative pick...taking care that it isn't something that may catch fire or interfere with the votive candle.

Perhaps a plastic candle holder - large/small enough to cover the bottom of the cup. I have used kid's clay in the bottom of votive candle holders to keep the candle stable.

For this project I suggest using enough clay to elevate the candle holder above the decoration. This might help keep the decoration from melting or starting a fire.

Hope this helps.