Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers

Tea cups and saucers either from your own collection, thrift stores, or sales can be used in a number of delightful craft projects. This is a guide about crafts using tea cups and saucers.

January 4, 2017 Flag

This is a guide about making a teacup candle. Repurpose an old teacup into a cute candle.

closeup of candle

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 17, 2007 Flag

This is a quick easy gardening gift you can make up very easily. Get an old cup and saucer, fill it with dirt and plant chickens in it. I glue the cup to the saucer so it will not move, makes a nice gift to someone who is sick, does not take a lot of care to maintain.

By Phyllis from Roseburg, OR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 15 Comments

March 5, 2008 Flag

Here's a unique way to use cups and saucers from tea sets that have broken or missing pieces. You could also purchase vintage cups and saucers and create these candle holders to give as gifts. The one pictured is from a mini tea set.

Approximate Time: 5 minutes

Supplies

Instructions

Invert tea cup and glue bottom of saucer to bottom of cup. Place votive in center of saucer.

By Mom of 1 from Wilkesboro, NC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

June 3, 2010 Flag

I have a good gift idea. Buy an old collectible teacup and saucer at an antique store or flea market with no chips, etc. Clean. Fill it with assorted packets of teabags individually wrapped. Put in cinnamon sticks. Put a pretty little teaspoon (that you buy at a flea market or tea shop) on the saucer. Then cut a piece of clear gift wrap and bring the edges up. Wrap with a piece of pretty ribbon. You have a lovely gift. I like to keep these supplies on hand.

By Maria from Lower Gwynedd, PA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

May 14, 2012 Flag

I make lemon curd for tea parties and wanted to have a pretty serving piece to serve my guests. It can be placed on a buffet or used by a server at the event.

Tea Cup Pedestal Server

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 3, 2008 Flag

Use old coffee cups and saucers. Hot glue the cup to the saucer and it can be used as flower arrangement or soap dish or jewelry holder. Nice way to recycle an old coffee cup. Drill small holes for drainage if use for plants for Mother's Day.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 31, 2012 Flag

Tea cups and saucers make nice tea light holders. Just put the tea light inside and you have a nice candle. Makes a nice gift too.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 26, 2004 Flag

Start seedlings in cracked and chipped cups. They are cheap, can be reused year after year and actually look pretty cool. I buy cracked tea cups for dirt cheap at garage sales so I my seedlings have a tea cup theme.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 29, 2006 Flag

My Relay for Life team is doing a craft project for Mother's Day and I need a source for inexpensive teacups and matching saucers that are in perfect condition (no chips, cracks or crazing). All of them do not have to be the same pattern. But I need to find them at a bargain price so that we can keep the cost down. I have already searched ebay. Thanks in advance for your help.

Melanie from NC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Join Freecycle-just look up Freecycle.org on your computer-free to join!

I am going to order these for my cousin's bridal shower that we are having (it is a tea party theme and tea cups are the favors) they are cheap at 1.99 each when you buy the case. I hope that helps!

https://www.dir  ductID=453055569

Jackie O,

I am planning a wedding shower for my sister, also with a "tea party" theme and I also found the website you posted. However, I couldn't find how much shipping would be for the cups. Do you have any idea what the shipping runs? Have you placed your order yet? Thanks!

I am doing crafts with tea cups and saucers I have been going to a Salvation Army store or Good Will for these items

November 18, 2009 Flag

I have several old tea cups and saucers and want to make something with them. Any ideas? I know about using them as candle holders or flower holders. I was looking at doing something a bit more dramatic. Glue several together maybe for a center piece to hold flowers? or something different. Any good ideas?

By Jean from Sonoma, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here's something dramatic for you - scroll down this blog and be surprised what someone has done with the cups. There are four or five very unusual ideas which include indoors and outside.

http://feeds.fe  rganizeYourStuff

Here is the direct link to what Angie posted below:

http://justorga  na-tea-cups.html

Very cute ideas there!

There are some more links here:

http://www.teas  .com/crafts.html

You could make elaborate pin cushions, using rice for filling and velvet for the cover. Use as many decorations on it as you would like, very pretty and useful. Use hot glue to hold cup to saucer. Put gold or silver rick rack around the bottom of cup to cover glue.

I made ornaments out of some using pics from Walmart and tied a ribbon on the handle. I gave them as gifts. They were very pretty!

October 12, 2012 Flag

I saw some demitasse cups at a local thrift store. I can't actually make the wax for a candle, but what can be used in the bottom of the cup to set a pre-made votive candle into? I can't just have a candle in the cup without some type of decoration.

By Linda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about using plasticine? Use a small ball, pressing the votive into it, down into the bottom of the cup. You could also stick something into the plasticine that extends up out of the cup like a decorative pick...taking care that it isn't something that may catch fire or interfere with the votive candle.

Perhaps a plastic candle holder - large/small enough to cover the bottom of the cup. I have used kid's clay in the bottom of votive candle holders to keep the candle stable.

For this project I suggest using enough clay to elevate the candle holder above the decoration. This might help keep the decoration from melting or starting a fire.

Hope this helps.

Crafts Recycled CraftsMay 23, 2012
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
closeup of candle
Making a Teacup Candle
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 3:10:47 PM on 10.0.0.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.