Making a Tea Cup Bird Feeder
An adorable addition to any garden can be this craft reusing a cup and saucer. This guide is about making a tea cup bird feeder
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a quick easy fun gift for Mother's Day, spring teas, or summer birthdays.
You will need:
- 1 - 1/2 inch PVC tubing 40 inches long cut into 10 inch lengths.
- 1/2 inch end cap PVC
- a saucer
- a tea cup or a coffee cup
- glue (I use Gorilla glue)
- Turn tea cup upside down. Run glue around the bottom. Attach the saucer.
- Then glue the closed end of cap to the middle bottom of the saucer.
- This should set for several hours.
- Attach the end piece to the tubing and stick in the ground.
- Add bird seed and watch the birds come.
By Tracy from MI
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
I have tried several glues to stick a cup to its saucer. All of them are supposedly suitable for sticking ceramic, but none seem to work. Any suggestions?
December 5, 20130 found this helpful
To glue cup to saucer use a contact cement. Will never come apart.
January 2, 20140 found this helpful
Use GE II clear.
May 29, 20150 found this helpful
Use E6000 industrial strength.
Answer this Question...
August 13, 20160 found this helpful
Thanks for the suggestions. However I forgot to mention that I am in the UK so I don't know US brand names. If anyone could tell me the type of glue these are it would be helpful