When is a Yard Treated for Parvo Safe for Dog to Play In?

My puppy had parvo, she is better now. That was two weeks ago. I treated my back yard 24 hrs ago, can I let her play in the back yard for awhile?

By Rex from Grand Prairie, TX

Parvo stays in the ground for many years. Check with your vet & be sure to have your baby vaccinated.

Hello,

No! Your yard is not safe for about 1 year. The parvo virus has been shed in your yard. Please call your Veterinarian on how to clean up the yard. Good luck.

As far as the research is concerned, the amount of time parvo remains in an area is undetermined. It can months or years. I would not put any dog back in that area unless that dog is fully vaccinated. Unfortunately, until your dog is vaccinated, taking him to public areas for dogs to play will put him at risk for parvo and other diseases as well. Just be very careful and very alert. Glad to hear your pup survived the parvo, though. Good luck.

Pets Dogs HealthJune 6, 2010
dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
A dog being seen by a veterinarian.
Can a Dog Get Parvo Again?
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
Puppy Smelling Flower
Getting a Puppy After Losing One to Parvo
🎄
🍂