How to Make an Apartment Safe After Parvo?

0
Share
Pin
Save
Follow
Print

I recently lost two pups within the same week a few weeks ago from parvo and I have one more puppy that hasn't been home. I recently got her shots done after they passed and I'm bleaching my apartment. Is it safe for her to come home?

Answers

Best Answer

Bleach is the recommend cleaner to use to disinfect the surfaces in your apartment. You will need to wipe down all durable surfaces with a diluted bleach formula. You will mix one part bleach with 32 parts water. I would suggest throwing all the bowls, toys, bedding, and collars away. This is the safest way. Many people say you can clean these, but I wouldn't risk this. Here is a few good sites on how to clean your apartment.
www.thespruce.com/parvovirus-disinfecting-the-environment...
murraybridgevet.com.au/.../Parvovirus%20home%20cleanup.pdf
pethelpful.com/.../How-to-Kill-the-Parvo-Virus-from...

There is really not much more than can be done than picking up all the feces and disinfecting the contaminated areas where there are chances the Parvo virus may be thriving. The only product to seem to be effective in killing the virus is bleach. Disinfestation is accomplished by using diluted bleach and water in an exact ratio of 1:30, one part bleach in 30 parts water. In order to work, the bleach mixture should be left in contact with contaminated surfaces for at least 10 minutes.

More information:

As long as you have bleached all surfaces your other dogs have been in contact with, I would say yes.

If you have cleaned every surface in your home with bleach.It should be safe. Do not forget your vehicle if the dog's were in it.Wash all their toys etc.I have been through parvo with two dogs.One died the other survived.Sorry you lost your dogs it is a bad disease.

Pets HealthSeptember 21, 2017
👒
🐛
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Make-an-Apartment-Safe-After-Parvo.html