Sleeping Cool

To help keep cool on sticky summer nights, we use flannel sheets and sprinkle with cornstarch.

Don't you have A/C?

As a teen, I lived in Arizona. Although we lived in the mountains, we still could have hot spells. Nights were only barely more tolerable than days. Take your clean sheets, keep them in a plastic sack, put them into a freezer until about 30 minutes before you go to bed. Make your bed, turn on an oscilating fan, wait ten minutes, and your sheets will be cool enough for a little while and you can fall asleep.

I've added your ideas to my file of hurricane and post hurricane tips. It is usually so muggy, hot, and dense with mosquitos that any relief is wonderful. I think I would even crack the freezer (while it is on the generator) enough to slip the sheets in and out.

A ten-minute dip in the swimming pool is just the ticket. A cold shower is a good substitute.

Vic - for your information - A/C doesn't work when the hurricane knocks out your electricity.

I dip a small towel in water and peppermint extract. I find that the towel will stay cooler longer when it is around your neck. I also put the water and peppermint extact in a bowl in front of the window fan and it keeps the ice nice and cool longer than without the extract.

Zig

We have AC but I don't like the high electric bill that comes with running it. :-)

A fan used for keeping cool
Keeping Cool on Hot Nights
Better Living Green Living CoolingJune 14, 2006
Keeping Cool on Car Trips
Keeping Cool on Road Trips
White Folder Comforter
Cleaning Comforters
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
A thermometer on the side of a house reading 100 degrees fahrenheit.
Keeping Your House Cool Without AC
🎄