Recipes Using Fresh Tarragon

I just started to grow French tarragon this summer, and I have a big pot full. I only have it in a pot, but it is lovely. Any uses, recipes, ideas? I plan on bringing it in for the winter, like all of my other babies.

By GiGi from Chicago, IL

Lucky you.

Meal 1: Sprinkle on a roasting chicken, and lay sliced lemon on the breast of the chicken.

Meal 2: With leftovers, make a cream sauce, add sauteed mushrooms and chicken pieces and a fresh pinch of chopped tarragon. Serve with steamed rice or...?

Make ranch dressing mix fresh and add some fresh tarragon.

Get a book on French cooking from the library, you will find more there. It's a lovely herb.

One of my favorite ways is very simple. I use it as a filling for an omelet, as a topping on steaks, or just chow down on a bowl of sauteed mushrooms (very low-cal). Use your favorite mushroom - I like portobello, or just plain buttons. Saute a little onion and garlic in butter with a touch of salt and pepper. When nearly done, throw in the sliced mushrooms and chopped tarragon. Add a little white wine, cook juices and wine down by about half, add a touch more butter and tarragon to finish. Mmmm.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesAugust 15, 2010
Vanilla Ice Cream With Mint on Top
Recipes Using Mint
Preventing Mold On Berries, Moldy Strawberry
Preventing Mold On Fresh Berries
Preserving Fresh Chives
Preserving Fresh Chives
Tarragon Chicken
Tarragon Chicken Recipes