Copying a Game to a Computer Without Internet Connection

I have internet on one of my computers, but I want to put a game on the one without internet. How do I do that?

By Patricia from Pearl, MS

Depends on the game? Is it a game that requires internet to install? Meaning you have no disk. Or is it one that requires internet to play like an online RPG (World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, etc). You need to be a little more clear, what is the game? Send me a message and I will help you figure this out.

Definitely have Suntydt try to help you here but for future reference, in case you don't already do this, if you download programs from online without receiving a download CD or DVD this what I do:

I have a special folder titled 'Program Downloads' that I keep in 'My Documents' file. Whenever I am going to download any new program from the net instead of automatically clicking 'run' I click 'save' instead. A box drops down and and I choose 'My Documents' and then 'Program Downloads' and save it there. Then I simply click on run from the saved download.

I back all files up on an external hard drive so if I ever need to transfer that information to another computer all I have to do is plug that external hard drive in to the new computer and copy the folder to that new computer.

Both Deeli and Suntydt offer great input. I would back up my important files to that external drive BEFORE the download, though. Also, unless you want to play the game on both computers, you don't have to run the downloaded game before you copy and paste the files to the second computer.

I'm sure Suntydt can help, but if not, message me through the site and I'll see what I can do.

Computers SoftwareJanuary 28, 2011
cable modem
Having Internet Without a Computer
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens
🎄