Frozen Corn Tastes Too Sweet

I recently froze some fresh corn. It is cut off the cob. I followed the recipe, but it is too sweet when cooked. My request is, can someone tell me what to do to make it less sweet tasting?

Cheryl Wallace from Irvine, KY

Try adding some salt.

Get a recipe for -- baked corn or scalloped corn. Very very good. Also use it in corn bread, or soups.

All I do to freeze corn is to blanch it for about 2-3 minutes, shock in ice water, cut it off the cob and freeze in freezer bags. I've used this recipe for several years!! You can't get better than this. When you want to reconstitute for dinner, just microwave for 3 minutes and stir, and microwave for a couple more, until the corn is boiling, but NOT boiling more than a few seconds. Add salt, pepper, and butter, to taste. When you cook fresh corn on the cob, bring a large Dutch oven full of water to a boil...add NO Salt to the water...and add several ears of corn. Cover, bring to a boil again, and turn off the boiling water for 5-6 minutes and serve piping hot. Spread with butter (real if you have it!!) salt and pepper, and eat till you can't stand it!!

To make corn less sweet add some corn starch or flour to it. This is an old recipe,very good,if it's in pints I suggest to add about a tablespoon, then taste it if it needs more add more till you like it. Good luck.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesSeptember 17, 2006
Growing Indian Corn
Growing Indian Corn
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
Meatballs cooking in sauce.
Using Frozen Meatballs