Buying Liquid Fence

I'm wondering if the product "liquid fence" is available to me locally? I live in N Saginaw, MI. Please help. I'm in dire need of a product (spray type) to keep 2 large dogs out of my yard. Thanks.

Ana from MI

I have bought it at Earl May's. I have used it on my plants to keep rabbits away. Works great, but has a bad smell to it.

I bought some of that and put it all around the perimeter of my front yard. 10 minutes later I called my neighbor to bring her Maltese over to see if it would work. He never even slowed down crossig where I had just sprayed it. Total waste of money as far as I was concerned!

My first question is why are the dogs getting in? Where are their owners? You can get electric fences but they are costly and often hurt kids and other pets. I would contact the owners and see if you can't "remind" them that there are city ordinances that allow you to control others dogs, that might get them to leash them. Good luck!

I use the Liquid Fence deer repellent (very effective, by the way) and although I can buy it locally at a plant and garden store I find it's cheapest to buy it in concentrated form online and then mix at home with water.

You can visit the company's web site to make sure you're buying the correct product, since they have different products all called Liquid Fence. See http://www.liquidfence.com/dog-cat-repellents.html

I wonder if the person above said the dog repellent didn't work might have used the deer repellent. But I have no experience with the dog repellent.

I bought it online, too--as someone else here posted, it was a complete waste of money. We have neighbors who leave their four dogs( yep, FOUR, count 'em) out the front door in the middle of the night every night to wreak havoc on everyone's front lawns.

Didn't deter them in the least--and as someone else also said--the smell is overpowering. I have about half a container, tightly sealed and stored in my backyard storage shed; the entire shed now smells like it--a very intense, garlicky odor.

We have one large dog who does her business either only in our own fenced backyard ( or on the leash, on a walk, with one of us with baggie in hand) and even she could care less about the stench of that stuff oozing from the backyard shed.

In fact, her favorite "drop spot" is right near the corner of the shed where the Liquid Fence is stored :)

Consumer Advice Product FinderAugust 14, 2009
Privacy Fence
Building a Privacy Fence
Paw prints painted on a fence.
Decorating Your Fence
Dog Jumping
Keeping Dogs from Jumping Your Fence
Wireless Pet Fence
Using a Wireless Pet Fence
🎄
🍂