BusinessBusiness and Legal

Cleaning Rates for Nashville, TN

Category Business

How much do I charge a custom home builder for 3 cleans (rough clean, detail clean, final clean) per square foot in Nashville, TN. I can't seem to find out the going rate.

Elizabeth from Nashville, TN

Hi, Elizabeth.

A friend of mine up here in Canada provides this service and tells me she charges by the hour. The first two take longer and it makes sense she charge more. Once you've done a few you'll have an idea of what it takes and can provide estimates.

Incidentally, if the builders don't provide necessities (garbage bins or vacuum cleaners), she charges them additional fees. Her per-hour rate includes the costs of supplies (windex, comet, etc.).

Hope this helps.

Rose Anne

Hi there,

I would check around with local cleaners to see what the going rate is in your area. It can really vary, and you don't want to undersell yourself and your new business!

I found some helpful tips on cleaning business start-ups for you at: http://www.happ … ingbusiness.html

I do some house cleaning on the side. Do yourself a favor and charge by the job. You want to clean as quickly and efficiently as possible, so don't penalize yourself for being speedy. Check out the book "The Clean Team." That taught me to cut my cleaning time WAAAAY down. I always use my own supplies - that way I know the product works (whether it is a chemical or a vacuum cleaner). I wish you the best!!