Dutch (Rottweiler)

Dutch is our 3.5 month old Rottwieler

My longtime faithful companion and guard dog of 16 years passed away at Thanksgiving. A friend who knew how much I missed Doc arrived shortly thereafter with arms full of a wiggling grinning pup. My lab mix Dolly immediately accepted the new youngster and now Dutch has a forever home and I have new guard in the making!

At this point for fun - he chews! He also runs with the our 3 year old lab mix and in general tears about the place.

This shows Dutch chewing the cornstalks. We give him corn cobs to chew and he ferrets them out of field on his own now.

Dutch - Rottweiler

By Gretchen from Coulterville, IL

Puppy playing in the snow.

Dutch is adorable! And you are so blessed to have such a wonderful friend who would bring Dutch into your life after your loss of Doc. I am sure by now Dutch has wiggled his way into your hearts!

I lost my companion Susan last year and a week later I was visiting my niece who was home on leave from Iraq when I saw her daughters dog and fell in love. I casually said don't ever get rid of that dog without letting me know first and my great niece said well I really don't like a little lap dog and want a lab instead so that day I took Patches home and changed his name to Peanut. He is a Papillon.

I am often reminded of Susan and things she did like you probably think of Doc but I am so happy for both of us that we have Dutch and Peanut now to keep us company!

Thanks for sharing your story and picture. Here is a picture of Peanut and an oversized chew.

By Betty from California

Awww your Dutch is adorable! What a great story. I'm so glad he found a great home!

If your interested in a great Rottie Group check into http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rott-n_Rotties_Rock/

We are all very friendly and helpful if you have any problems or concerns with your new Rottie or any pet for that matter.

Your New baby Dutch sounds like he has found his dream home and dream friend for life! I lost my Simba who also was a Rottie five years ago and the lost is so very devastaing. She was the gentilest. sweetest most faithfuland loving friend you could ever imagine. I wish you many happy happy years with Dutch.

nice dog. what are you planing to train him in specifically? i would like to know and i can give you a list of reputable trainers that i happen to know first hand.

How cute! I have a female rottie that I got last halloween, rotts and labs are such wonderful dogs. My 2 favs! Enjoy you new treasure.

rodney - yes he will specifically trained. We have a local trainer who is very good and will help with his basic obedience etc. and then I will start working with him for his companion dog duties. I trained the lab mix we have and she's done very well. I couldn't part with her long enough to send her to be trained as a service dog, so I received help from an agency that teaches the trainer.....

Rottweiler Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesJanuary 9, 2006
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dutch Girl Costume
Dutch Bottle Scraper
Buying a Dutch Bottle Scraper (Flessenschraper)
Dutch Baby Pancake
Dutch Baby Pancake Recipes
Unseasoned Dutch Oven
Seasoning a Dutch Oven