Lists for Traveling

My job requires a great deal of travel, sometimes with not much advance notice to plan what to pack for the trip. I have made up a list of everything that I should bring along and made extra copies of this "TAKE ON TRIPS" list. When it's time to get ready for the road, I just cross off each item as I pack it in my suitcase so I am sure not to forget something important. After the list of things to pack, I have included notes of things to do before leaving such as "Turn down heat," "Notify family of telephone numbers where they can reach me," and "Water houseplants and cover with plastic bags."

I am 62 years old, and I find I'm a little more forgetful now so this list has been a real help to me and makes packing faster.

By Judy Lowrance

When packing to go on Holiday, I prepare a list. After my packing is finished, I place this list in the suitcase with my packed items. When I`m preparing to return home, I merely check my list and make sure everything is packed. The list is again placed on top of my packed items. If I have 2 suitcases plus a "carry-on" I need only to open a case to find an item I might be looking for by looking at the enclosed packing list.

By Mairmie from Edmonton, AB ,Canada

I reckon I'm just lazy-- I have items that I need for every trip-- deoderant-- powder- you got the idea-- extra toothbrush, toothpaste-- comb, brush-- and they stay in my bag-- I use the list too but leaving these items in place just makes sense to me.

We go back and forth from the city to our boat a lot - so I keep my essentials in bags that I can throw into my satchels when we go. Little sample sizes of things like deodorant are really good here....

I also have a list of travel essentials. I have laminated it and then cross or check off items with a wax pencil as I pack. Just erase and reuse for the next trip.

A numbered to do list on paper.
Staying Organized With Lists
Organizing TravelSeptember 6, 2006
Family eating food while on vacation.
Saving Money on Food When Traveling
A girl writing a Christmas wish list.
Christmas Wish List Advice
Mother Getting on Plane with Young Children
Traveling with an Infant
Woman With Allergies
Traveling with Allergies
🎉
🎄