Removing Lint from Sweaters

Sweaters tend to collect lint and require attention to remove it and keep them looking good. This is a guide about removing lint from sweaters.

Sweaters

January 11, 2006 Flag

Is there anything that I can put in my dryer to remove lint from dark clothing (black, blue, and red sweaters)? I don't dry the sweaters in the dryer, but I can't get the fine lint off using a clothes brush after they are dry. It seems to make them look faded.

Kristy from Oxford, MS

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have two gorgeous rugs: one in the bathroom, solid black with a medium pile and one in the living room, an Oriental runner with beige design. With both being the color black, they seems to catch every piece of lint. Vacuuming does not remove all the lint. Is there a trick to keeping black rugs totally black and lint free? It seems I'm cleaning both rugs on a daily basis.

After reading everyone suggestion, I remembered I had a callus remover stone that I had bought for 1 dollar, so I tried it and it worked marvelous.

I live in Australia and I bought a grip it. It is plastic and at the bottom it has paper which looks like extra fine sandpaper you just rub lightly and it removes lint and ballies. Great for track suits almost any sweater. Rose

I had the same problem. I will try the pumice stone. Thank you all for the info. Ronnie

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingMarch 15, 2013
Recycle Sweaters into Scarves
Recycling Sweaters into Scarves
laundry basket of clean clothing
Preventing Lint on Clothing
laundry room with utility sink, washer, and dryer
Making a Lint Trap for a Washtub Drain
lint roller
Removing Lint from Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 7:26:00 PM on 10.0.0.81 in 484 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.