Removing Lint from Sweaters

Sweaters tend to collect lint and require attention to remove it and keep them looking good. This is a guide about removing lint from sweaters.

January 11, 2006 Flag

Is there anything that I can put in my dryer to remove lint from dark clothing (black, blue, and red sweaters)? I don't dry the sweaters in the dryer, but I can't get the fine lint off using a clothes brush after they are dry. It seems to make them look faded.

Kristy from Oxford, MS

Thanks SO much! I have tried the lint roller and the masking tape, but I am in the process of ordering the Sweater Stone... And it really is FREE! So all I am out is shipping and handling ($4.99).

Free Sweater Stone offer expired Jan 1st. I used a stone like this at a dry cleaners and it worked great! Anyone know where else to get one? Also works great on wool coats that get pilly.

I have a 'sweater shaver' that works wonderfully on sweaters, blankets, even bed sheets that 'pill'. I love this gadget. It actually shaves off those ugly pills and leaves your sweaters and other items looking smooth and like new again. It comes in two sizes, small and jumbo and runs on batteries. I just looked it up on Google and there are many sites about them. We all use it here in my house. Love it!

I got the Sweater Stone at "The Container Store".

WHEN I LOOKED UP THE FREE STONE OFFER IT DON'T EXPIRE UNTIL 2007. ALL YOU PAY IS $4.99

FOR S&H

CHRISTINE L. IN.

I found a great substitute that worked just great for getting lint and pills off of dark sweaters. There is a product called "Pumie Scouring Stick" in the cleaning section of any store. It is made to remove deposits from porcelain tubs, toilets and sinks. and costs less than $2. I tried it on a dark navy sweater and it worked wonderfully.

Thanks terdralynn. I had a couple of sigle edge razor shavors at home and used that to shave sweater fuzzies of a sweater dress I just bought. It works beautifully! They just come right off, it's back to looking new again.

I have two gorgeous rugs: one in the bathroom, solid black with a medium pile and one in the living room, an Oriental runner with beige design. With both being the color black, they seems to catch every piece of lint. Vacuuming does not remove all the lint. Is there a trick to keeping black rugs totally black and lint free? It seems I'm cleaning both rugs on a daily basis.

After reading everyone suggestion, I remembered I had a callus remover stone that I had bought for 1 dollar, so I tried it and it worked marvelous.

I live in Australia and I bought a grip it. It is plastic and at the bottom it has paper which looks like extra fine sandpaper you just rub lightly and it removes lint and ballies. Great for track suits almost any sweater. Rose

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingMarch 15, 2013
Recycle Sweaters into Scarves
Recycling Sweaters into Scarves
laundry basket of clean clothing
Preventing Lint on Clothing
laundry room with utility sink, washer, and dryer
Making a Lint Trap for a Washtub Drain
lint roller
Removing Lint from Clothing
🎉
🎄