Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Pee Stains Around Toilet

What can I use to clean the pee stain around my comode? I have tried everything.

By Bettyone from Cocoa, FL

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Susan Wolfe [12]05/09/2009

Have you tried a vinegar soak? It's amazing the tough jobs vinegar can conquer. I don't know what I would do without my gallon of vinegar handy. It's very amazing "handy-dandy" stuff. Would you consider posting what results worked as I, for one, would love to know. Thanks!

By Anonymous [848]05/09/2009

If you're talking about on the toilet itself the ideas here are good but if you're talking about a stain on the linoleum 'around' the toilet it's possible that it's not pee pee stain but discoloration from water seepage underneath the linoleum and there's no way to remove that stain because the linoleum has been damaged. That sort of stain is caused because the toilet wasn't 'seated/set' properly and water seeps through the toilet seating ring in to the subfloor.

By Joan [13]05/08/2009

Krud Kutter from Lowe's at about $13 a gallon. Put in spray bottle and spray on stain. Let sit a short time, then rinse. Stain should be gone; if not, respray and let it sit longer. It can be used at various dilutions for most cleaning. Don't need to wear rubber gloves, either! Took soot off a wall from the furnace 'burping', tar off my car, dog stains off couch, etc. Read the dilution, though I usually use it full strength EXCEPT on wood! Full strength, will strip stain off wood, but not harm paint.

RE: Pee Stains Around Toilet

By Melynda Sorrels05/06/2009

A pumice stone dipped in baking soda will get rid of any toilet stain, but be careful as it could scratch the porcelain. You can also try pouring a can of regular Coca-Cola in there and leaving it overnight.

Good Luck!

http://www.100cleaningtips.com

By Myrna [13]05/04/2009

Have you tried a saturated rag with vinegar and leave it lay around the stained area? Old calcium deposits are difficult to remove and may require soaking or try using Lime Away on the rag and let set awhile on the area. You may have to do this several times to get good results.