Wet Wipes for a Cookout Cool Down

At a cookout, picnic, or other hot weather gathering, toss a package of wet wipes in the cooler with the ice and drinks (I bought a plastic pop-up dispenser for a dollar). When the temps are in the 90's, it feels WONDERFUL to wipe your face, hands, and neck with a chilled cloth!

By Becki from Logansport, IN

A Great Idea! I work in a pizza shop with no AC and we would like to die. A cool wipe would be much better than an old towel thrown in a cooler.

Used to live in Peru IN actually Grissom AFB but used to come to Logansport to go to Walmart. You brought me a memory! Thanks

I used to work at Grissom AFB! Actually ARB (Air Reserve Base) now. I worked at the credit union.

While this feels great, proceed with caution. Many of these wipes, as well as anti-bacterial gel like Purell, are alcohol-based. That makes them flammable. If you wipe your face or hands with these wipes, avoid being near flames, i.e. a barbecue or campfire. And, of course, don't expose the wipes themselves near the fire.

Travel and Recreation Recreation PicnicsJuly 31, 2006
flushing a toilet
Homemade Flushable Wipes
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
homemade boogie wipes
Homemade Boogie Wipes