Add Coffee Creamer for Tastier Pasta Dishes

My mother makes the best pasta dishes! She finally told me her secret and I wanted to share.

Mom goes to a fast food place and meets her friend for a $1.00 biscuit and a cup of coffee (free for senior citizens. They always give her a couple of creamers with her coffee that she never uses. Being thrifty (yup, that's where I learned it), she takes them home and pops them into a zip-lock bag in her freezer. When she makes any pasta dish, she adds a couple of the creamers and it amps up the dishes and makes them creamier.

Source: Mom's kitchen

By notwrong from on the road again

Well, I'll declare! I never would have thought of that. When my mother visited last year, she left a huge container of creamer here and since we don't use it, I'll try your hint. Thanks for sharing.

I've not tried it in pasta, but I use fat free French Vanilla creamer in oatmeal instead of milk *yum*. I also put some in my waffle or pancake batter. It makes them taste kind of like Bavarian. Don't use it instead of milk (it doesn't work), just add a glug or two when you're mixing the batter, it adds a nice vanilla touch. I've tried adding pure vanilla extract, but it's not as good as the creamer.

Another thing I use the FF creamer in is: mix it with ice and Kahlua. Oh man, it is good!

What a great idea! Will pass this along to my mom and friends. Thanks for sharing.

Food and Recipes Recipes PastasMay 10, 2010
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Creamer Bottles
Uses for Creamer Bottles