PastasRecipes

Add Coffee Creamer for Tastier Pasta Dishes

My mother makes the best pasta dishes! She finally told me her secret and I wanted to share.

Mom goes to a fast food place and meets her friend for a $1.00 biscuit and a cup of coffee (free for senior citizens. They always give her a couple of creamers with her coffee that she never uses. Being thrifty (yup, that's where I learned it), she takes them home and pops them into a zip-lock bag in her freezer. When she makes any pasta dish, she adds a couple of the creamers and it amps up the dishes and makes them creamier.

Source: Mom's kitchen

By notwrong from on the road again

Well, I'll declare! I never would have thought of that. When my mother visited last year, she left a huge container of creamer here and since we don't use it, I'll try your hint. Thanks for sharing.

I've not tried it in pasta, but I use fat free French Vanilla creamer in oatmeal instead of milk *yum*. I also put some in my waffle or pancake batter. It makes them taste kind of like Bavarian. Don't use it instead of milk (it doesn't work), just add a glug or two when you're mixing the batter, it adds a nice vanilla touch. I've tried adding pure vanilla extract, but it's not as good as the creamer.

Another thing I use the FF creamer in is: mix it with ice and Kahlua. Oh man, it is good!

What a great idea! Will pass this along to my mom and friends. Thanks for sharing.