Hotel Suggestions In Atlanta

We are going to Atlanta in June. We are going to see the Braves and to Six Flags to take my 4 yr. old who loves Thomas to see Six Flags' new Thomas Town. I need a CLEAN and REASONABLE hotel maybe one with a pool in close distance to both. Just don't know anything about Atlanta. Can anyone help?

Karen from Union, SC

Check out some of the online travel sites like http://www.travelocity.com etc.

You could check out http://www.tripadvisor.com

It has real people reviews of hotels, restaurants, etc. good and bad. You can even add your own review later.

The Braves play at Turner Field located in downtown Atlanta near all expressways. Hotel prices are very pricey. No motels in the city. Six Flags is located a good distance from downtown, (maybe 45 min drive) on I-20 West of Atlanta. You'll most likely find more reasonable motel prices in that area.

Check out the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke, CNN Center, Olympic Park, High Museum if you have time while you're there. These are all located in downtown Atlanta and very interesting and fun places to visit.

Try looking at hotels at the Lithia Spirings exit off I-20 just two exits past Six Flags. Hotels in town will be higher and from downtown to Six Flags won't be 20 minutes or so if you time it so your not in rush hour.

Why don't you Google "hotels in Atlanta" - you can get some really good info that way. Last year, my sister and I were flying out of Atlanta and needed to leave our car somewhere. By Googling, I found a hotel near the airport that would keep the car for us without extra charge as long as we stayed at least one night. We stayed the night before the flight and the hotel bus took us to the right terminal for our flight. Then, when we got back, the same hotel bus took us back to the hotel so we could pick up our car. Good luck and God bless you.