We've found black mold inside the drywall, and in the carpet in our house. We've never smelled a musty, typical moldy smell. We've had a strong, skunk type smell. Does this occur with mold?
mcfrissa from Whiteriver, Arizona
I wouldn't worry about the smell. Just get the dry wall and carpet out of your house asap. Black mold can be very toxic and have lasting health effects, especially for children, the elderly and those with allergies. If the mold is on a washable, non-absorbent surface you can wash it with a bleach solution. Anything that is absorbent needs to be removed. Before you replace your dry wall and carpet, clean the floors, beams, etc, with bleach solution.
You need professional cleaners for black mold. They use special face masks so they don't breath in the fumes that black mold emits.
If you bleach it yourself then protect yourself and others in the house with face masks. Black mold is dangerous to your health.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!