Plastic Tubs For Pet Food

The plastic containers meant for pet food were too small for my use, and they are over priced. I bought a large (one that holds 35 -50 lbs. dog food) plastic tub with a snap on cover years ago, and this has worked for me quite well.

There were two small air holes in the handle, and I plugged those up with glue; therefore, the food stays fresh. I keep a plastic 2 cup measure in with the food and measure everyone's food as it goes into the bowls. I found that if I measure the food, I use less and the dogs get the right amount of food. This works great if one dog is on a diet or ill, and I need to keep track of what they eat. My dogs were taught to only eat out of their own bowls.

I notice that today's plastic tubs are so much nicer, come in more sizes, colors, and are see through. No matter what size pet, I am sure that they make the right size tub for your pet's needs.

By xintexas from San Antonio, TX

I use the plastic tubs that cat litter comes in. They have a good snap on lid and they are stack-able.

Another thing, if I happen to buy too many bags like I did this month! Last week I had bought an extra bag because I thought I was running low. This week I did the same thing! So now I have 2 extra bags besides what's in the bin!

I did the same thing with the cat food, except I only have one extra bag of his) I keep the extra bags in the chest freezer. Luckily I have small dogs, so the bags I buy are only 8 pounds. But I just stick them in the bottom of the chest freezer, and they stay fresh till the one I'm using is gone.

I use the large plastic Pretzel containers to store my dry cat food. The screw top keeps bugs out and once, happily, kept the bugs in. I returned that bunch to the pet store, thankfully the bugs did not invade my kitchen. Best of all the pretzel containers are being recycled.

Dried Pet Food and Wooden Spoon
Storing Pet Food
Pets FoodAugust 2, 2011
Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
Pet Food in Bowl
Buying Pet Food
🎄