Storing Pet Food

I have a variety of pets and needed ideas to keep the food clean and out of the way. For the dogs and cats, I use a big Rubbermaid box with a tight fitting lid. It holds a big bag of food and keeps pests out. If you want to remember what kind of food you bought, you could tape part of the bag inside the lid.

For my fish, I keep their little food containers in a basket next to the tank. They are attractively stored and near at hand. A side note here, I move the basket out of reach when little hands come by that might want to feed the fish.

I have several birds, and I store their food in a plastic bucket that once held ice cream. I have a small measuring cup that I throw in on top to use as a scoop to feed the birds.

By Cheryl from Arlington, GA

Great ideas! I especially like that one about the ice cream buckets. I haven't had any in a long time, since the kids left, as we don't eat that much ice cream, but those buckets are great for so many things.

I like the idea of the ice cream buckets also, need to pass this on to my mom. She has 2 big dogs & she stores their big bags of food in a medium sized metal trash can with the lid & puts bay leaves in the bottom.