Recycled Frames and Shadowboxes From Cardboard

This idea came to me when I was reading about laminated wood products. I decided to try it out using cardboard and craft glue and came up with a very strong but very light wood substitute. All you do is cut cardboard boxes (cereal, cookies, crackers, etc.) into strips and glue the strips together one on top the other. To make the round frames, tape the ends of the first strip to form a circle that can be built up. To make square frames all you do is make each side separately and glue them together to form the frame. Let the frames dry overnight and then cover them in decorative paper.

Source: I've uploaded new photos of my frames and shadowboxes and they can be viewed on Picasa. The link is:

By Angela from Sault Ste Marie, ON

Recycled Frames And Shadowboxes From Cardboard

It's much trickier than I thought to explain how to make these. But they're very easy to make and I'll be posting the instructions as a tip instead. Look for the posting and save some cardboard packaging! You'll need them!

Photos CraftsMay 14, 2008
Making Decorative Photo Frames
Making Decorative Picture Frames
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Reusing Cardboard, Stack of Corrugated Cardboard
Reusing Cardboard
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 6:42:20 PM on 10.0.1.124 in 962 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.