Soap Does Not Dissolve in Dishwasher

The house we just bought has a small GE stainless steel dishwasher and it will not dissolve the soap. After running the cycle, even twice, the soap is stuck (not dissolved) in the holder. I just want to save water by washing the glasses in the dishwasher. Please help.

Java :)

By Java from Newport. MI

Best Answer

Try adding vinegar to your detergent, also I notice that when I used cheap dishwasher detergent this happen. But adding vinegar to it the dishes comes out sparkling.

Also, that powder detergent will get old and it will not dissole properly, but add vinegar to it and you will not have any problem.

Best Answer

Check to see what your water heater's setting is, we turned ours up so our DW would dissolve the soap. Good luck.

Best Answer

Make sure you are not loading the dishwasher in a way that is blocking the soap dispenser. I used to have this problem when we put plates in the area that was in front of the dispenser, until I realized it wasn't getting a direct hit from the spinning water sprayer deal (also make sure that's not blocked). I moved my silverware basket to the area in front of the dispenser and make sure that only short stuff goes in the compartment closest to the door and haven't had a problem since.

The water in the washer may not be getting hot enough to dissolve the granules.

You can try the gel or liquid dishwasher detergents, and see if that works any better.

The spring that opens the holder might be rusty. If Iwere you I would buy the dishwasher pellets (I use them all the time) and drop one in the silverware rack. It will desolve and wash the glasses.

That happens with mine too. Every once in a while I pour almost boiling water over the dispenser to remove any buildup that might cause the dispenser to stick. Also, I run hot water in the dishpan so the dw doesn't have to work so hard to heat (appliance guy recommendation). Big loads I punch hot water setting, too.

When things get hot they expand...when the door wants to open ..and it is hot, most likely the detergent has grit and expands to the point where the door gets jammed closed. you come along 1 hour after all is done (cooled off) and the door is still closed and for some reason it seams not not to stick. it has cooled enough to seam OK..just clean out the compartment with vinegar real good ..All the cracks of the door .try to get under the door in areas that you cant see..and you should see a big difference. no more binding..

thanks works great now

Dishwasher with an open door.
Dishwasher Not Releasing Soap
Home and Garden Repair Appliances DishwasherJuly 18, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher