When Is detergent Cup Supposed to Open?

I have an older GE dishwasher. I am sure it is not worth it to get a repair done. The detergent cup is not opening, it is not blocked and there is no residue gumming up the works. I would like to know when it is supposed to open so I can watch for the right cycle and manually intervene :)

Best Answer

All the washers I have had in the past the detergent cup was filled first before the machine was started. I have never seen a washer that opens the cup on a special cycle. The soap is put in and when the machine fills the water runs through the cup and is added to the clothes. If the cup no longer opens up like it should then you will need to add the soap inside the machine and all the waster to disolve the soap to wash your clothes.

Best Answer

Why not try one of the newer dishwashing pods that are sealed and open after dishwasher starts the cycle?
You can find these on sale for about 14 -17 cents each.

www.amazon.com/.../qmqa8rmnzv769ce (Affiliate Link)

Check some of these videos/sites out as you might find a solution even if it is not the same brand of dishwasher.

www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&ei=4...

Best Answer

If you are having trouble with your cup filler, it maybe the spring on the cup. You could just add the tab packs inside your dishwasher. They genuinely bounce around in your dishwasher to clean. You can do this until you decide which route to take on repairs!

Home and Garden Repair Appliances DishwasherJune 7, 2020
🌻
📓
🐛
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/When-Is-detergent-Cup-Supposed-to-Open.html