Washing Clothes With Concrete Dust on Them

Category Laundry
Your job or a home project may leave concrete dust on your clothing. This is a guide about washing clothes with concrete dust on them.

My son-in-law works construction, he works with concrete. My daughter can't seem to find a way to get his clothes clean. She says his work clothes hold the concrete dust even after they are washed. She has tried shaking them outside before washing and using an extra rinse in the wash with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

"Mike"

I'd try presoaking, then draining and washing in new water.

What about using the vac or putting them in the dryer with a tennis ball to beat the dust out of them before washing. She'd need to wipe down the inside of the dryer after.

My ex-husband used to work at a concrete company. It was the hardest challenge to clean not only his clothes, but my washer! Its very hard on the washing machine! I used to not only shake but beat them with a broom stick as the dust is very heavy and sits deep in the fabric. Hot water, Tide, and two rinses. We wound up using the company uniforms along with company cleaning service. If that isnt an option then I would suggest that she bring the clothes to the cleaners. Its expensive, but so is the wear and tear on the machines!

Good Luck!

Kate

you might try adding a lot of vinegar? i've never washed concrete on clothes but i use vinegar to remove mineral stone build up on many surfaces and it works great.

My husband is a construction worker and what works for me is beating out all the dust/rocks first, then I just put in the washing machine. (I don't wash them with anything that I think is important) :)

Anyway, I wash with regular laundry soap and baking soda, then use vinegar in the rinse. Perfectly clean clothes every time!

I'm actually reading to find out what works. I feel so embarrassed about my husband's clothing, because he goes to work looking like his clothes are dirty even though there clean, really clean. I soak them right away and then put them in the washer and it doesn't seem to work at all. I guess I'll try the vinegar and baking soda. I hope that works.

Anonymous

Make sure you clean machine regularly. .put vinegar & bicarb & run on cleaning cycle or hot cycle..No fabric softener as it builds up in machine & pipes & hoses.