Hiding Electrical Cord Clutter

Does anyone have a nice way to hide all the electric cords behind the TV?

Thank you.

By Daniel from Ontario

Sometimes a twistie tie works well - to at least get them into a neater looking mess. Or the plastic snap apart kind that comes with older type trash bags. I have seen where people have used rubber bands too. Whatever it takes to get them as much off the floor or out of sight as possible.

Take 10 minutes & unplug everything from the wall,make neat little bunches of the cords,winding one at a time around your hand then fastening the wound up cord in a bunch. You might also have a label for each cord (while it is all unplugged)& write on it what the cord is for so you have less hassle later figuring it out again.

Now also is a great time to wipe the dust off the cords & also the wall behind the tv.

Well, one thought is to use foam insulation tubes that are used to cover water pipes in the home. They are black, have different inside diameters such as 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch and 1 inch. are about 5 or 6 feet long and can be cut with scissors. They also are split the entire length so all one has to do is spread the seam and place the wires inside. They sell they insulation tubes at Home Depot and Lowes in the plumbing dept. if you want to check them out.

Zipties. Fold them each seperately back and forth to form about a 3 inch bundle and ziptie around the bundle. Do this for each one. You can use different colors to identify the item or add a tag.

The best method is looping then into a loose 'figure 8' which you can them zip tie into a bundle. DON'T make them into coils as that has the chance of generating a magnetic field. I had a problem with my vcr that would get wavy lines in anything I recorded but worked perfectly at the repair shop. The guy asked how I had the excess wire arranged and when I told him I had 'looped' them in a circle, he told me to 'figure 8' them . I did and the problem disappeared!