Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Brittle Finger Nails

Any home remedies for brittle and splitting fingernails?

By Mari from Los Angeles, CA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Spanish Girl08/19/2010

Eat pine nuts and sunflower seeds. They will give you stronger nails within a week. Just a mixed handful every day and you'll be amazed at the results.

By Annie Rios Hill [12]08/19/2010

My aunt used to use Knoxx jello and had great strong nails. I think she would make it into a jello, or drink it. Sorry, not real sure but it worked.

By Coreen Hart [73]08/19/2010

Have you had your thyroid checked? Since I got mine regulated, I have actual fingernails for the first time in 20 years or so!

By vicki hood [4]08/19/2010

Feed store. Pure MSM by the pound. I take 1 teaspoon a day in liquid. Nails have never been stronger. Good for lots of things. Check internet.

By Monica [239]08/19/2010

I also have that problem. My doctor tested me and I have a calcium deficiency. You might try taking OTC calcium citrate. It is more easily absorbed than other calcium. I take it daily and have noticed a big improvement. It does take some time to see the improvement. If you would rather, you could take Tums which is a cheap source of calcium.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Brittle Finger Nails

My fingernails are brittle. I get splits and tears easily. They are tiny splits and tears, but make it painful when I pull on a shirt, brush my hair or touch my pets. ?