15 Cent Pedicure

Hello Frugal Friends. Tis the season to be happy, healthy and jolly. Tell that to my dry, cracked feet. Need a cheap way to acheive the results of a pedicure without the excessive price? Fill a bowl or tub with warm to hot water so that it will cover your tootsies. Then add a half cup of Epsom salts. You can pick up a giant container for REAL cheap. Soak for as long as you like or at least ten minutes. Then use a pumice stone (lava rock) to sloph off dead skin. Rub in lotion and you just got yourself a $25 dollar pedicure for about 15 cents.

By Suzanne S.

My formula is for athletes foot, and it is 8 tablespoons of salt to 8 cups of water. Soak for 15 - 20 minutes, and then put on a paste of water and baking soda, a pasty toothpaste consistency, and leave that on for 1 minute and rinse off.

You can dust the feet with cornstarch or leave as they are. This should be done t wice a day for two weeks.

Another tip to get rid of athletes is to put about 2-3 gallons of warm water,

(however hot you like it, as you'll be soaking your feet in the water.)

And add 1 cup of bleach to the water.soak feet for about 10 minutes.

My mother-in-law taught me this one and yes it does work.

Pour the epson salt on flowers. It is a great fertilizer. I sprinkle the dry around flowers so the wet would be fine.

Health & Beauty BeautyOctober 30, 2004